Otolaryngology, often known as ENT, is a surgical specialty of medicine that focuses on the surgical and medicinal treatment of diseases of the head and neck. An otolaryngology surgery is done on the head or neck to treat diseases with the ears, nose, or throat. It is also known as ENT (ear, nose, and throat) surgery. Otolaryngologists are experts who specialize in the treatment of problems or illnesses of the ear, nose, and throat. These diseases may necessitate surgery in some situations.
ENT surgery can assist in the repair of injuries or abnormalities in these regions that cause issues such as discomfort, recurring infections, and breathing difficulties. For instance, some children require ENT surgery to address recurring ear infections. Tumor removal may also necessitate ENT surgery (abnormal growths).
Otorhinolaryngologists are doctors who have completed a med degree as well as 5–7 years of post-graduate surgical education in ORL-H&N.
ENT experts are more than just doctors who can cure your sinus pain, your child’s swimmer’s ear, or your father’s sleep apnea. They are also surgeons who can undertake exceedingly delicate procedures to restore middle ear hearing, unblock blocked airways, remove malignancies of the head, neck, and throat, and reconstruct these vital tissues.
ENT Treatment Conditions
General otolaryngologists do not specialize in any one area of the head and neck and may treat a wide range of diseases. However, some ENT doctors seek extra study in one of the following subspecialties:
- Otology/Neurotology — Hearing and balance are essential for how we go about our daily lives. Ear infections, hearing loss, dizziness, ringing in the ears (called tinnitus), ear, face, or neck discomfort, and other problems are all treated by ENT experts.
- Rhinology — Our nostrils help us breathe easier by filtering out potentially hazardous dirt, allergies, and other substances. ENT doctors also treat deviated septum, rhinitis, sinusitis, sinus headaches and migraines, nasal blockage and surgery, skull-base tumors, including those inside the cranial cavity, and other conditions.
- Laryngology — Disorders that impede our capacity to correctly talk and swallow can have a significant influence on our lives and careers. Sore throat, hoarseness, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), infections, throat tumors, airway and vocal cord problems, and other conditions are treated by ENT experts.
- Neck & Head/Thyroid — The head and neck contain some of the most critical organs in our bodies, making them extremely vulnerable to tumors and cancer. ENT experts treat benign neck masses, thyroid diseases such as benign and malignant tumors, Grave’s disease, enlarged thyroid glands, parathyroid illness, and other conditions in addition to head and neck malignancies.
- Sleep — The ability to breathe and sleep properly at night has an impact on how we perceive life and execute our jobs. Sleep-disordered breathing, nasal and airway blockage, snoring and sleep apnea, and other conditions are treated by ENT experts.
- Pediatric — Children, with their developing bodies and sensibilities, frequently require extra care. Birth defects of the head and neck, developmental delays, ear infections, tonsil and adenoid infection, airway difficulties, asthma and allergy, and other conditions are all treated by ENT experts.
Orion Hospital offers services in all aspects of ear, nose, and throat treatment. Patients include not just youngsters but also adults suffering from chronic sinusitis, hearing loss, and face skin cancer, among other ailments.
- Endoscopic DCR.
- Phono surgeries, Surgeries for snoring, etc.
- OPD services by appointment.
- Routine ENT Surgeries.
- ENT Surgeries on a routine basis.
- Head operations and neck surgeries including thyroid and salivary gland
- Micro-Ear, Laryngoscope, and Endoscopic Nasal Surgery