Physiotherapy is a treatment that aims to restore, preserve, and maximize a patient’s mobility, function, and well-being. Physical, recovery injury prevention and health and fitness are all benefits of physiotherapy. Physiotherapists engage you in your own healing.
Physiotherapy strives to improve your mobility, function, and independence. Physiotherapy is a branch of medicine that focuses on human mobility. Physiotherapists work to improve an individual’s quality of life and independence in the community by providing treatment and community assistance.
Physical therapy treats diseases or injuries that impair a person’s ability to move and perform useful tasks in everyday life. Physiotherapists utilize an individual’s history and physical examination to make a diagnosis and develop a treatment plan, and they may use the results of laboratory and imaging investigations such as X-rays, CT scans, or MRI findings as needed.
Types of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy may be an effective treatment for a range of diseases, and the therapies listed below can assist reduce recovery time after a variety of operations.
- Musculoskeletal physiotherapy, often known as orthopedic physiotherapy, is used to treat diseases such as sprains, back pain, arthritis, strains, incontinence, bursitis, posture issues, sports, and occupational injuries, and decreased mobility. This area also includes post-surgical rehabilitation.
- This therapy is also used to relieve nervous system diseases such as strokes, spinal injuries, traumatic brain injuries, sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease. It can also be utilized for recovery after brain surgery.
- The treatment of asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and other cardio-respiratory diseases is known as cardiothoracic.
Methods of Treatments
Each person’s therapy is personalized to their unique needs, and a physiotherapist will select from a variety of treatments, including:
- Manual treatments – include joint manipulation and mobilization (including spinal mobilization), manual resistance training, and stretching.
- Muscle strengthening, postural re-training, cardiovascular stretching, and training are all examples of exercise programs.
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS), laser treatment, diathermy, and ultrasound are examples of electrotherapy methods.
Other underlying causes can cause an injury in many situations. It is possible that chronic back discomfort is caused by repetitive work-related tasks, poor posture, being overweight, or even using the incorrect technique when participating in sports. As a result, the physiotherapist not only treats the back pain but also considers the other causes. This all-encompassing strategy seeks to decrease the likelihood of the injury occurring again.
Our staff at Orion Hospital delivers the optimum level of treatment to our patients by employing the concepts of the diagnostic process, patient education, self-care management, graded exercise regimens, and specialized manual therapy techniques. Physiotherapy professionals at Orion Hospital assist patients who have been disabled by illness or accident in regaining mobility and function. They diagnose and treat a wide range of medical problems that involve the spinal cord, nerves, and musculoskeletal system. They provide treatment and rehabilitation alternatives that take into account each patient’s individual requirements, capabilities, and aims.